9.11.07

Stringy Chairs

Stringchairs



I was recently in Los Angeles for the Southern California Home & Garden show.    On my way to Anaheim, I spent the night in Beverly Hills at the Avalon Hotel.   It's a former retirement home-turned-boutique hotel that's been around for a few years.



As an editor with Country Home magazine, my aesthetic is normally drawn to a more comfortable and Americana style...not a modernist one.   But still, I can appreciate good design when I see it.



These chaise lounge chairs are simple aluminum frames with super-durable string just wrapped around and around the frame.    Quite comfortable, actually.   



But the flea market junkie inside of me wonders if I could make this.  Could I go find some old outdoor furniture, remove the plastic straps, strip the paint off to reveal the galvanized finish, and then wrap rope around and around to re-create this?



When I move to a new home with a big backyard, I'm going to give that idea a try.    It's either going to be spectacular or the biggest DIY disaster of my life.   

No comments:

Google
Bookmark and Share

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Web Links

A Modern Life Living A Little Green:


Bookmark and Share